– Panel Discussion –
10:25am - 11:20am
Advancing a Fairer Australia
- Cathy McGowan AO
- Mariam Veiszadeh – CEO, Media Diversity Australia
- Sally Aurisch – CEO, Blind Citizens Australia
- Tu Le – Community Development Manager, Marrickville Legal Centre
- Dr Paul Gray – Associate Professor, Jumbunna Institute for Indigenous Education & Research, University of Technology Sydney
- Karlie Stewart – Lecturer, School of Social Work, University of Wollongong/Program Manager, Aboriginal Healing Program, Weave Youth and Community Services
How do we increase diversity and representation in our institutions to create a fairer Australia?
The panel will explore ways to create and advocate for greater diversity of representation in politics. How do we make this happen for our sector, as well as the institutions that influence people’s lives?