– Hosting a Watch Party –
Want to host a Watch Party? It’s too easy.
You can build a fun or ‘serious’ day around the conference. You can intersperse the bits that you choose to watch with light chats or deep reflections (or both), and even with drinks and snacks. In this watch party, there are no hard and fast rules – your group is totally in control! Plus, you’ll be supported by NCOSS with training and resources.
Why would I want to host a watch party?
- Because part of your role might be to facilitate conversations in your regional area around “collaboration, ‘simplification’ of service provision and innovation/”transformation” – whatever those mean to you.
- Because you don’t have to worry about speakers and content- they’ve been carefully curated, and hopefully, they meet your strategic discussion needs.
- Because a conference is really about people, and not simply viewing content on one’s own.
What do I need to host a watch party?
If you already host inter agencies or group meetings, you’re more than halfway there! You’d presumably already have the basic requirements for a watch party:
- A meeting room or place, with usual amenities
- A display screen or monitor that’s appropriately sized for your group
- Internet connection
- Laptop, if you use one to control the display screen
Will NCOSS be supporting my watch party?
Absolutely! If you sign up as an official watch party (more below), you will have access to the following –
- Downloadable discussion guides/resources for your chosen conference sessions
- Reimbursement for room hire
- Reimbursement for catering (morning tea, light lunch, afternoon tea)
- Reimbursement for your local discussion facilitator, as needed and on application
In return, NCOSS requests that you submit a post-event feedback (simple online form to follow).
Will NCOSS be promoting my watch party?
Again, absolutely! A list of watch parties will be included on the conference website, as they’re organised and confirmed.
Does our group need to watch the entire conference?
No – the beauty of a watch party is that you’re in total control of your time, and the rest of your session content. Gather in person and watch together for the entire two days, or for a day, or for half a day- the choice is yours. Zoom links will be made available, and on the day- simply click the link for the session that you’d like to watch.
Keen. How do I sign up/apply to host a watch party?
Simply fill out the EOI questions below. You will then receive emailed information on the pre-conference workshop, Zoom webinar links, accessing resources, requesting reimbursements and other relevant details.
Note: NCOSS reimbursements are available for Central Coast, Far West, Hunter, Illawarra/Shoalhaven, Mid North Coasts, Murrumbidgee, New England, Northern NSW and Southern NSW. Other areas (Greater Sydney areas) – you may host a watch party and receive all support except financial reimbursements.
Questions, or prefer to chat?
Please feel free to request a call by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for your interest!
This conference is hosted by the NSW Council of Social Service (NCOSS) and is supported by funding from the NSW government under the Social Sector Transformation Fund (SSTF) 2021-2022 grant program. NCOSS also gratefully acknowledges the support of HESTA Super Fund.